Thursday, August 13, 2009

Annnnd I'm back!

Okay, so I've been on a bit of hiatus from blogging lately, mostly because I simply haven't had time. But I'm going to try to blog more, since I will have more stuff going on!

I've been hat crazy lately. I've made like 4 hats in the past 2 weeks. I'm hoping to photograph them and take pictures after I move to my new apartment. I've come up with a relatively easy pattern that I can use for some slouchy berets, and it will fit a bunch of different patterns and stitches. And I'm super excited because I've started my first wearable knitted item! I'm knitting Ysolda Teague's Cloud Bolero, and the pattern is causing me all sorts of trouble, but I guess I can't complain since the pattern is free and relatively easy! I really love her designs. They're all so romantic and dreamy. I saw a version of the bolero that someone else made, and I knew I had the PERFECT yarn for it. I had bought it last winter at a yarn store in Cleveland. It was thick and think and had the same colors as a peacock. I didn't know what to do with it until I saw the bolero! It's a perfect match :] I just can't wait til winter until I can wear all of my new knitted items.

I've also started my Christmas knitting, since I have a TON to do this year! I've finished an easy striped scarf for my boyfriend's sister. It's pink and black and made from Lamb's Pride yarn. I just have to add the fringes to it. I'm doing another striped scarf for his other sister, same yarn, same pattern, except in yellow and blue. They're going to be really cute, and I hope his sisters like them! I have yet to start the scarves for his 2 brothers (one in Steeler's colors, and one in his fraternity colors), and my stepmom's purple lace scarf (still need to find a pattern for that one). I have no idea what to make for my mom, dad, or 2 brothers. I think I'm going to attempt a zip up sweater for my boyfriend, but that'll probably end in rage and tears. He's worth all the frustration though, and I really need to expand my knitting repertoire!

And finally, I have stayed ALMOST true to my yarn diet! I haven't bought ANY yarn for myself, but I have bought yarn for the Christmas knitting I'm doing. I was so, SO tempted when I went into my LYS, but I managed not to buy everything in sight! I'm trying to use up my stash, which is why I've been making hats; easy, and don't take up much yarn!

Alright folks, that's it for now. I'm off to watch True Blood and do French homework!

Peace and bacon grease!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you on using up what you have!! I read your last post about French--it's hard and I agree it sounds beautiful when the prof speaks, but when I spoke----I can't even describe it....lol
    Love the work in your etsy mini!

    ReplyDelete