Saturday, July 31, 2010

So long, farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, adieu...

I'm leaving Germany tomorrow morning and I'm totally heartbroken over it. Sure I'm looking forward to seeing my friends, family, and boyfriend tomorrow night, but I'm so sad about leaving Germany. I feel like I've grown so much and I've come to call Dresden home. I learned so many things and experienced so many things and it'll be a long, LONG time before I forget any of those things.

I spent all afternoon walking around the city, saying goodbye to my favorite things. Goodbye German beer, goodbye Frauenkirche, goodbye Elbe, goodbye Zwinger, goodbye tram numbers 8 and 3, goodbye Katie's Garage, goodbye Neustadt and Alstadt, goodbye Theaterplatz and Albertplatz, and goodbye International Guesthouse.


Goodbye Germany. I hope I can come back some day :(





1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you'll be able to go back and visit again! Hopefully seeing everyone you missed will make up for it! :) x

    ReplyDelete